Susan S. Andrew
New Bedford, Massachusetts
Email: Contact Me
Attorney Andrew has successfully advised corporations, small businesses, and individuals on a wide range of complex employment law discrimination law, civil rights law, and labor law issues, including:
- Wrongful discharge; harassment at work; hostile work environment; workplace discrimination; workplace retaliation; breach of employment contracts;
- Discrimination at work; discrimination in failure to hire; discrimination in promotion; discrimination in pay, violations of wage payment law; discrimination in discipline; discrimination in terminations; discrimination in places of public accommodation;
- Sexual harassment at work; sexually hostile work environment; sex discrimination; pregnancy discrimination; maternity leave discrimination; age discrimination; race discrimination; national origin discrimination; religious discrimination; sexual orientation discrimination; handicap discrimination; disability discrimination, denial of reasonable accommodations; medical leave & FMLA discrimination;
- Negotiating and drafting employment contracts and agreements; severance agreements; covenants not to compete; non-solicitation agreements; confidentiality agreements; settlement agreements & releases; advising employers and employees and drafting MCAD Complaints; MCAD Position Statements; MCAD Rebuttals; EEOC Complaints;
- Division of Unemployment Assistance, DUA, unemployment compensation advice; unemployment hearings; unemployment appeals to Board of Review; court appeals;
- Employment law and discrimination law litigation involving Massachusetts & Federal courts; Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD); United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC); Massachusetts Division of Unemployment Assistance; Mediations and Arbitrations.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law & Discrimination Law
- Labor Law
- Civil Rights Law
- Roger Williams University School of Law, Bristol, Rhode Island, 1998 J.D.
- University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth, Massachusetts, 1982 B.S.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Massachusetts Employment Lawyers Association
- Bristol County Bar Association
Back to Attorney Profiles Main Page